Wednesday, September 22, 2010

finally found what I've been looking for

As a writer, I have struggled with writing groups and classes where only positive feedback is given. If I wanted nothing more than positive strokes, I would show my work to friends and family. I wouldn't even bother with other writers or writing teachers. It's taken several years, but finally I've found both a writers group and a writing workshop where constructive criticism is the main course, and I can't get enough.

Intelligent responses from a variety of perspectives is the most helpful contribution that can be made to a writer. That is, if that writer is committed to producing the highest quality of work they are capable of; if what's at stake is the work, and not the writer's ego.

I'm very happy today to occupy a seat in a room of writer's who tell you what they really think.

No comments:

Post a Comment