Monday, February 16, 2009

Practice of the Week

This week's practice is being courageous. Being courageous is distinguished by recognizing your fear and taking action anyway. So, I asked my younger brother to read what I have written about growing up in our family.

He replied that he wants to read my writing that is ready for publication in the family writing collection. He doesn't want to read anything but that. Which of course, I don't think I can write until somebody in my family validates me by reading the gritty and painful story of what growing up was like for me. I think if somebody in my family will just get present to what it was like for me growing up, the validation will give me a measure of freedom...freedom to write about something else besides the horrible stuff that happened.

It was courageous to ask him. Since he did not say yes, the next practice that comes up to be applied here is the practice of being peaceful...and taking what you get.

I'm protecting my family, by moving the posts about my painful childhood to a different blog.

But overall, my experience for today is disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment