Friday, April 10, 2009

Back to School


Well, school has started again. Yesterday was our first Acting class of the quarter and Migratory Words started this morning. So I'm working on a scene from "The Birthday Party" between Meg and Stanley (played by David McCallum). I'm committed to memorize the scene and take my acting to a new level. The writing prompt for this week is "the full moon."

I immediately thought of the Tarot card "The Moon." What's coming up from the unconscious, in dreams or fantasies? What monsters lurk in the deep waters of the soul? What is it that you can't see clearly in the moonlight? Is it a mirage? Is it alive? What is it saying to me? Tonight the moon will begin to wane. But in dreams it is always full. When somebody gets this card, I usually tell them to trust their intuition.

What story or script could I write about this?

People say when there's a full moon, it's as bright as day. Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment