Monday, May 18, 2009

A Day Of Rest

Yesterday I simply could NOT stay awake. Richard says he kept track. He thinks I was up for a total of six hours the whole day. When you consider I fell asleep in the car, in the movie theater, and went to bed as soon as we got home, I guess I wasn't awake very much. I totally missed our visit with Tre. It was a very strange day. I did manage to do the crossword puzzle, between naps. Maybe that was what put me to sleep to begin with. And I caught up on my 100 words entries. Hey, it wasn't a total loss.

When we got to the theater in Cheney, we found out we were a few minutes late, and they were sold out. But for a few minutes we were just standing in the darkened hallway, waiting to see if we could get into the show. And the walls were moving, in and out, in sections, as if they were breathing, but not as one. Each section, doorframe or whatever, was moving as an individual breathing unit. It was so beautiful I was mesmerized. I could have stayed standing there for a long time, watching, but of course the theater staff showed up and told us all to go on our way.

So we went downtown to see Paris 36, but I fell asleep over and over again. I just couldn't pay attention to it. All I can remember from it is a woman with deep red lipstick. I hope I didn't snore. That would have embarrassed Richard. Maybe it was just boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment