Tuesday, March 10, 2009

20th Anniversary

Tomorrow is our 20th wedding anniversary. Yikes! How did time fly by so fast? We've been together so long, we don't even try to surprise each other anymore. We just take each other shopping. He wants to take me to the jewelry store and buy me a ruby ring. Part of me likes the idea, but another part of me doesn't want to spend the money. I never have any idea what to get for him! He doesn't want anything, except maybe a book, so usually I get him a gift card to his favorite bookstore and call it good. He seems to like that well enough. If I do buy him something, I have to save the receipt so he can exchange it for something he REALLY wants.

Then there's the problem of picking out a card or cards for him. We used to buy each other a whole bunch of cards and place them in strategic locations around the house to be discovered on the day of. This year, I don't even have one card, never mind an assortment. This is the problem with spending all our time together. We are never alone long enough to go shopping for each other.

Fortunately, I have a breakfast meeting in the morning, so I will go directly to the mall after the meeting and see what I can come up with.

Mostly we will probably blow a lot of money on a nice dinner out. What we need to really do...is get in the car and drive to Montana to our favorite hot spring for an overnight in the tubs. I think I will suggest it when I get home from my meeting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment