Saturday, March 28, 2009

Burning Man Update

Today I heard back from a burner I contacted about maybe joining their BM camp. All I knew from the information I had was that they weren't a "noisy" camp. I was looking for a relatively quiet burner camp, so I wrote to the guy. It turns out they call themselves TRIBE OF ELDERS, and the core members of the group that sets up the camp each year are burners in their 60's. They have an enclosed shower, they take turns cooking for the camp, they have two guys who do massage, and they are not into loud music. They basically circle the trailers and carpet the middle area, and that's where the tents set up. It sounds great. Wow. I want to be adopted.

The only problem I can see is if Vince and Wendy don't want to be in this camp with us, since we are meeting them there and I was expecting we would be camping together. I don't want to have to choose between my brother and TRIBE OF ELDERS.

I'm clear Richard and I would be comfortable with TRIBE OF ELDERS, however.

I'm going to bring my massage table and my Tarot cards, along with a folding table and chairs so I can give readings. I already told Paul (Sparky) that I would be happy to cook Italian for the camp one night as part of our participation in the camp.

I'm wondering how they will be with both of us being retired from Corrections. All I said about us was that we're retired. All of a sudden I was uncomfortable saying that we are retired parole officers. Like I'm afraid it will put people off, make them uncomfortable with us. Sigh. Have to get over that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment