Monday, March 9, 2009

Putting Emily to Bed

We wrapped up our performance schedule last night. I've seen the DVDs of "Our Town" productions that were filmed, both the old and the new. And I have to say that our company, The Sage Players, put on a great show. Our characters were lively and well-developed, we got a lot of laughs, especially in the second act, and you could hear a pin drop during Act 3. As a group, we never stopped developing our characters and deepening our performances.

But one thing I have discovered about acting is that I have no life during a show. The show takes everything out of me. It is all I can do. I eat, I sleep and I act. Oh, well we did manage to make love in between naps over the weekend. And we managed to stop at the store and buy snacks for the green room, but that was pretty much it.

Goodnight Emily.

Goodnight George.

No comments:

Post a Comment